These are books that I have read. I remember more when I write in a book and the review it afterwards. Hope you enjoy. Feel free to comment

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Leadership Wisdom from Unlikely Voices - Dave Fleming


Leadership Wisdom from Unlikely Voices - Dave Fleming

I have always loved reading leadership books. And, over the last 18 months, I have tried to learn more about the Postmodern Movement, mode of thinking and how it applies to Church. Soooo .... when I saw this leadership book written from a postmodern perspective - I thought - "Brilliant!"

Was I disappointed. Perhaps this book would resonate with someone with a postmodern perspective - but I became increasingly frustrated with the "herky-jerkiness" of the book. There were some good thoughts - but no logical progression. (That is my modern mind showing through I fear)

In the second chapter, Fleming tells of falling asleep while driving his car - traveling several miles of twists and turns before awkening in a fog. About half-way through the book - I thought he might have fallen asleep at his keyboard - navigated his way through a few chapters - and left me in a fog!

Again - this may not be the fault of the author. It may resonate with younger leaders in the postmodern movement. If so, that is great. But to me - well - I guess I am old - modern - and just don't get it. (smile)

Let me know if you come to different conclusions after you read this book.
Posted by Hello

No comments: